with a Midwife
1. Midwifery care uses less interventions with equally good or better outcomes.
2. The normalcy of birth is promoted with midwifery care.
3. A midwife provides continuity of care.
4. The mother is respected and treated as an individual.
5. The birth setting is where she feels familiar.
6. She is free to move, eat and drink during labor.
7. Information is shared and decisions are together.
8. Emotional support is provided.
9. Comfort measures are provided.
10. Siblings can attend the birth.