- When you decide to include a doula on your birth team, you improve your chances of having a healthier and more empowering birth.
What is a doula?
A doula is a professional who provides emotional, informational, physical, and emotional support for the expectant, laboring, or postpartum mother.
Dozens of research studies have conclusively shown that birth doulas not only help the mother emotionally, but also increase the chance of her having a healthier birth and newborn.
Just what has research shown? When you have a doula at the birth . . .
- Your risk of having a cesarean section, forceps delivery, or episiotomy drops.
- Your ability to cope with the pain improves, decreasing the possibility of needing pain medication.
- Your relationship with your partner is likely to grow stronger.
- You're more likely to succeed with breastfeeding your newborn.
- You're more likely to be confident in your mothering skills.
- You're more likely to view the birth experience in positive terms.
- You're more likely to see your body as strong and capable.
Doula Packages Include
- 2 Prenatal Visits
- Continuous Labor Support
- 2 Postpartum Visits